Monday, October 26, 2009

What a scare!

October 2, 2009! We were packing up, getting ready for our trip to Washington D.C.. I had to pee before we left, and I was spotting lightly since the night before. I wiped and there was bright red blood. I thought it was over for sure. I told Rob that I was losing the baby. He asked if I still wanted to go to D.C. and I said, we might as well. Not taking the trip wasn't going to stop the inevitable. So, we get up there and the bleeding stops. It turns into brown blood.
After a couple of days of that, my sister, Michelle, insists that my husband take me to the emergency room on base. After 9 hours of waiting, we get an ultrasound and bloodwork. My HCG levels are over 8,000 which they say is great, but the ultrasound had me measuring at less than 4 weeks when I was supposed to be almost 6. I was terrified and truly disappointed, not to mention, it was our 9 year wedding anniversary and it felt like a waste sitting in the ER. I figured it was over for sure. 2 days later, we did a tour of the White House. Morning sickness was hitting me hard. I almost vomited in the President's Red Room!
After the tour, we headed back to my sister's house and when I went to the bathroom, there was the bright red blood again. Michelle had bought us all breakfast, but I was too scared to eat it. Instead, I went downstairs and laid down with my feet up. The E.R. scheduled us an appointment for later that day, and Rob and I went there. I told him I doubted they'd see anything. The doctor was so sweet! I wish she lived here so that I could have her! She did the ultrasound and she pointed out the baby to Rob. He was so happy! It was his first time EVER being with me when I got an ultrasound.
Peanut! 10.6.09

We didn't see the heartbeat or anything, but it was still a little miracle in itself. The doctor assured me that everything looked really good, but she told us no sex and we had to be really careful with our little peanut.

No comments:

Post a Comment