Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Meet the parents!

Photobucket

Photobucket

We met on May 28th, 1999 outside of Club H2-O in Jacksonville, Florida. Of course it was fate. Neither of us wanted to go out that night and we were dragged out by our friends. We didn't see each other all night, yet when we were in the parking lot, one thing led to another and I gave Rob my phone number. He called me a week later, and the rest is history! We moved in together on January 16, 2000 and we got married on October 4, 2000.
We're a loving couple. We love each other with a passion that no one understands. Sometimes it looks like we hate each other (and we kind of do) because as they say, "It's a thin line between love and hate". We fight, and when we fight, it gets ugly. We both do dumb things, and people outside of the two of us don't understand the things we go through with each other. Neither of us are innocent (though I'm a little more innocent than Rob. LOL) but we understand each other and we know each other like no one else.
We love to travel. We're actually planning a trip around the world soon! We just need to save up a little more money for that. As of now, though, we take a trip every year. We're in the middle of planning our 2010 trip (probably another cruise at Christmas), but for spring of 2011, we're already planning on going back to Orlando to check out the newest rides at Universal studios. We're also planning a summer R.V. trip around the country to check out all of the National Monuments. We want to see everything!
My husband is a big baby, but he's also my Superman. At home, he's a cute, nerdy guy who sits in front of his Playstation all night, but when he puts on his uniform (He's a Marine), he's off to save the world, just like Superman.
People call me spoiled, and I am.... a little. I earn my keep though. I don't get where everyone thinks that I don't cook and clean. I'm constantly cooking for my husband and cleaning, well, I do it once a week, but I keep my house well straightened out. I don't dust though! That's just icky and toilets are up to Rob, but I rotate taking out the trash. Everything else is on me, otherwise my house would be nasty and full of roaches and rats! Eww!!
I'm about to FINALLY graduate with a degree in Psychology. No clue what I'm going to do with it yet, but I need to figure it out soon. Rob's getting ready to retire from the military and yes, I agreed to be the bread winner while he gets to go to school. Right now, that's how I earn my money! The military pays for my school, I get Pell Grants and discounted tuition, and the rest goes to me! That's a few thousand dollars per term back into my pockets! Yay! All of this and ZERO student loans!
Rob wants to be an Engineer, so when he retires, he's going to do his 4 years (well, actually he only has 2 left) and then he'll find another job. With a double income, we should be rolling in it!
That's about it. We've been together for over 10 years, married for a little over 9, and hopefully, expecting our first little baby!

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment